Pages

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Manipur.. Continuing Journey

Visited Kangla Fort in a bright sunny Autumn morning..a beautiful serene temple greeted me.. The intricate ceiling design was mesmerizing.. The ceiling cut-work inspiration from kirigami technique was an interesting feature in this temple. This Hindu temple born a difficult name "Ibudhou Pakhangbagi Sanglen".
Almost at every corner of the temple and fort I saw this interesting paper filigree installations.
The majestic Kangla Fort reminds me of the forgotten unsung Maitei Manipuri heroes.

I noticed a distinct style of architecture. Predominately Indian, but different of any prominent architectural patterns of India. 
While returning from Kangla I noticed young men kayaking to and fro by the stream next to the fort.

A morning well spent in the fort area with cool breeze flowing and migratory birds chirping... Truly Imphal has so much to offer..
#fondhand

No comments:

Post a Comment